Head Shot!

Head Shot!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Floattracker.com

There is a rumor that certain jackals have sore paws.
This is understandable.
The gravity of this planet is a powerful thing.

Here's an experiment you can try at home!
All you need is a writing implement of some sort (basically anything you can scratch a mark with), something to measure on, a night's sleep...
Right before your sleep cycle (beddy-bye for heroes), measure your height.
Use a door frame or wall (tape measures work well) and mark it. <--Here's that writing implement (am I even using that word right?).
Go to sleep.
It's best if you have a full 8 hours (4 if your on one of those strange sleep-patterns that only folks who eat too many candy bars are on).
When you wake up, before you brush your teeth (or maw), measure yourself again.

Notice anything?
Darn that gravity.

Luckily, I don't worry about these things.
Typically, if my feet begin to chafe or callus, I drop the body for a new one.
But generally, I endure the pain.
It helps me feel ALIVE again.

This is how I feel about most of my existence.
Trials, tribulations, revelations.. in pain.
It's sick.
Sadistic in parts.
But, I almost crave it.
Like without the pain, I feel... heh, dead.

A walking challenge suits me.
I enjoy the suffering.
I have several Henchmen with CALVES OF STEEL now.
I don't think it's cheating if I'm the one actually walking while the pedometer ticks away.
It would be cheating if I gave everyone a pedometer and just added them together.
Villains don't cheat at challenges do they?
Oh, wait, right.
Villains.
Eeeeeeevil.

Actually, cheating at this not only cheats the two competitors I have yet to legally (technically) face.. but also myself.
I'm proving something to myself with this challenge.
It matters little if I am actually participating in their 'war'.
It is my satisfaction I am most concerned with.
Although, stomping the hell out of the dailies would just be awesome.
I don't begin tracking until I am well on my way through the day, usually after the morning train.
And I stop tracking long before my day is done.

I'm sure I could snag a few thousand steps during this time; I am walking.
But, I don't feel it's necessary to track my entire day.
Is that wrong?
Should I be calculating everything?

I had 50 from jumping in excitement the first day.
There was 12 when a Henchmen startled me in the bathroom.
And I'm sure there was at least 100 or so miscellaneous jostlings just today.

I'm not going to count that.
That would just be silly.

Right?

And what about the time my 'feet' don't touch the ground?
When I don't have feet?
Or legs?

Anyways.
I'll be ready for the next challenge.
Whenever the jackals regenerate their feet.

Just for the record?
5/14/11
6am-3pm
19,800 something steps.

Two miles of floating.

o.O

1 comment:

  1. Agent Wraith,

    Hah! Excellent. We get better, healthier, and have fun. One is hearing other Villains are interested also. Hopefully, One will survive to the end, and then we can try another challenge - everyone against everyone, or teams. Your numbers are being watched too - One enjoys the challenge, but in truth, One is no competitor. Now pizza eating - right up there. Walking - you and Overlord will probably leave me behind.

    Thank you for looking into this,
    -Lord Malignance

    ReplyDelete