1. There is plenty of junk that orbits Earth. Humans put a majority of it there. Space, Earth's infinite dumpster.
2. I saw what you did there.
There have been hints, some blatantly freight-train-esque, at my true origins.
Wakan.
I have reconnected with a few of my old acquaintances in a different (although eerily similar) community. It has been good (evil) to get back with them, reconnect, and enjoy the tribal socializing I had so longed for (and missed). We spent days reveling in our past; good conversations around fires, about many things.
We have since parted (hopefully not for long!) and returned to the safety of Los Sauces (Be safe where you are now). I hope to stay connected with them.
During one of our late-night conversations, the subject of death came up (GASP!).
An elder gave a very interesting account of the time he died:
(I love paraphrasing.)
"When my eyes closed, I could see nothing. I was in total darkness. I could hear, but it was as if I was underwater. The first thing that appeared to me was a tree, slowly fading into view. There was an owl in this tree and it's words were the first thing I heard in this place."
He went on about how the owl guided him to the place of his final rest and guaranteed this time was not to be his end. When he was finished, everyone thanked him.
It got me thinking though. Owls.
There are both sides to this coin (and I will present BOTH sides, flushing none).
Owls are seen by many tribes as omens of death, heralds of future events (mostly death), and messengers of the beyond (not METAphysical. The origins of the term 'metaphysical' can be found here and One can discern the ignorance of archangels).
One one side, these 'signs' are positive. The news they bring informs the shaman (medicine man or otherwise) as to how future events may unfold and may give them insight on how best to use said information.
On the other, they are seen as negative aspects of negative personae. They are thought to be witches (evil shamans) out to do harm.
Relevance(?):
"It is their connections with death, the afterlife, and rebirth that truly mark owls as a force to be reckoned with for most tribes. First, owls are either considered to be embodied spirits of the dead, or associated with such spirits, by a very wide range of tribes, including the Lakota, Omaha, Cheyenne, Fox, Ojibway, Menomini, Cherokee and Creek. Several of these tribes also have stories of an owl being that stands at a fork in the road in the sky, or the Milky Way, that leads to the land of the dead, letting some souls pass, but condemning others to roam the earth as ghosts forever. Among the Lakota, the Old Owl Woman or hiha'n winu'cala who guards the road to the afterlife at the end of the Milky Way assesses the merits of the souls of the dead with their deeds on earth, letting the good through and sending the bad over the edge and out of the afterlife to wander earth as a ghost or wana'gi for all eternity. A similar belief among the Cheyenne, is that the Old Owl Woman, who is the gatekeeper to the land of the dead, it sits atop the junction at the fork in the Milky Way and decides which souls are shunted onto the dead-end branch."
From Red Nation and found here:
Hinhan's Lodge
Now that you have the opportunity to see a bit into my (un)life, I will reveal another secret:
Not that long ago, a creature approached me in the darkness.
It flew to me quick on silent wing and told me of its past, revealed to me the future it saw, and implored me to aid in its quest. She told me of her former association with the 'do-gooders' and what evil they were capable of.
Why is this relevant (aside from the metaphor I used)?
Her former name was owl-themed. That's all.
It is interesting though. Native Americans (or Injuns, if you're from Winter Park) are still humans, subject to the same absurdities as any Christian Voodoo Archangel Bigots out there.
It's the trespasses she told me about that worry me. She told me how unheroic they were with her (no surprise there) and certain acts that were committed that should not go unpunished.
I have no proof (as of yet) if what she is telling me is the truth, but it makes me wonder if there are others out there who wish to approach me (or others) with things of this nature.
If there are, I suggest caution.
I can, however, refer you to more skilled and adept 'villains' than I.
Food for thought.
Agent Wraith
p.s. I did not reveal you little owl. Your secrets are still mine to keep. Please do not return to the shadows from whence you came.
No comments:
Post a Comment