Head Shot!

Head Shot!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Criminality, Public Addendum 4; Opinion Piece

When one is incarcerated, certain civil liberties are ignored.

(You may skip this next part, because it is simple chat.
Nothing to see here.  Move along to the NEXT SECTION!)

In Mexico, the Geneva Conventions are strained if not broken.
Because here, every day is war.
Ugly, ugly war.

And it doesn't end with the Postal Service.

One is not link savvy, so one will not cleverly craft hotlinked websited information for you to fill your noggins.
Oh no.
I don't care if you stay stupid.

Mexico, like many countries, is embroiled with wars.  From Drug Wars to Territory Wars.
Mexico is war.
The nation was created with it (read: Revolution).

(NEXT SECTION)
Incarceration is a deceptively easy route when dealing with criminals.  It however does not prove to be 100% effective, where now incarcerations have a surprisingly high repeat rate. (Or something like that.)
Those who have 'extended stays' are in a microcosm within a microcosm within a microcosm.
They are surrounded by others who may be released tomorrow, won't be released for 10 years, in for drunk and disorderly, in for murder, or any combination of those and more.
Cells within cells within cells.
Grouped together for survival from groups grouped together.
Repeat offenders.
Shankers.
Riot starters.
Murderers.
But basically everyone who broke a law.

Depending on where you end up, you can expect cruddy food, poor lodging, and vocal judgement from every spec of authority floating through the halls within halls.
You will wonder if there is a reason for all this.
Besides the law you broke, I mean. Like destiny or an omniscient plan.
(Not necessarily arcangel bearing, but I digress.)

These inmates (first timers included) are perceived the same: criminals.
Guilty before proven innocent.
(Especially in Mexico.)

They are treated the same.
I believe this is the only redeeming quality.
All inmates are equal.
All inmates are scum.

This stigma carries over into the 'free world' for some.
Being labeled (some justifiably so; Sex Offenders) and ostracized.
Judged and outcast.
Some of it very just (I don't want a murderer capable of legally purchasing a gun and I don't care if he can vote).

But there is an exception to every rule.
And.. well, this is the first time I've tried something like this.. but, I want to talk to you here, friends, about forgiveness.
Oh.
Sorry.
My Floridian was showing.

Not all former criminals (some current) deserve this treatment.

You should live your life on a case by case basis.
But don't let me tell you how to live.

I leave that to Master Legend.

3 comments:

  1. One thinks there is a hidden context here, but can't find it (One may have limited frames of reference).

    There is something important here you are driving at though. If someone has done something wrong, One holds you must confront them and hold them to explain. In private channels first (there is that place we may go to) and then take whatever steps you deem necessary. Resentment and bitterness fester and boil if left unattended.

    If One may be of assistance, you have only to call.

    -Lord Malignance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything we do has hidden context, that's nothing new.

    I speak from a blackened heart, but my words are intended to reach all who find my message (hidden or not) near (dear) to them.

    I, myself, have faced the criminal path. I have traversed it. I am a Jack-of-all-trades; indeed, criminality is part of that.

    The paths I have taken, whether criminal or otherwise, are paths I cannot redo (undo). But I am more than the summation of my past. I am a culmination of past, present, and future. Contextually, I am all and none.

    My purpose was to acknowledge my criminal past and educate those who view this to it. To give my opinion on how criminals are perceived from the perspective of a criminal.
    A criminal who still walks that fine line.

    My association is tenuous. With me or against me, I am moving forward. I refuse to stagnate or shelve what little entertainment I garner from my actions. I have worked hard (hardly) to have this outlet. I'm not going to toss it aside carelessly.

    I am careful when I craft, as we all should be. But, I am not above (or below) criminality. In fact, most would see what I do as such. I am not completely harmless or incapable of terror.

    I choose to be who I am.

    I refuse to let anyone force me to be something otherwise.

    (You know the appropriate channels, LM. If your paranoia is getting the better of you, good. Its good sometimes to sit alone and be mindful of the shadows.
    You never know who may be walking in them.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agent Wraith, One is not paranoid, One has experience. All the top Villains have suffered their IDs and privacy broached. One sees this and chooses not to experience their observed pain. That is not paranoia, it is wisdom. One uses that wisdom with you now: Posting criminal intent on the Internet will never be wise, and having a sounding board of morally ambiguous people to help each other stay safe and improve is a shared treasure. One chooses to value your viewpoint, as you do Ones own. Together we are stronger.

    Criminality, superheroes, psychopaths, Internet vigilantes - Villainy is better than all of them combined or separate, because we choose to be, and hold each other to a standard of association. Whatever devils you're wrestling with, take some time away from Villainy if you need, and put them to rest. Villainy will be here, and you will be welcomed.

    -Lord Malignance

    ReplyDelete