Head Shot!

Head Shot!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Moving forward, 2011...

Baby steps, A.W.  Baby steps.

So!

We move forward towards another year and as we do I take in the surroundings and I ponder the future.  Isn't that quaint.  Little super-heroes..
Anyways.

My resolutions will be forthcoming.  But first, I'd like to make a few predictions.  I'm going to start slow and try not to use too big of words.  You never know who could be trying to read this.

Natural Disaster.
And big ones.
Bigger than we've seen.
Record breakers.
Millions will cross the shroud.
And it still will be a mere dent.
But, it's coming.
Earthquake where you least expect it.  Like Greenland.. or Iowa.
One of those big fucking waves.. right up the coast of Africa.
Monsoons.  Tsunamis.  Hurricanes.  Whatever you want to label them (depending on where they pop up).. Earth is going to get them.
And in force.
Mama Earth is pissed.
And she's going to start really taking her shit back.
All that oil you pulled out?
All those minerals you're using for your stuff?  Your buildings?  Your vehicles?
She wants it back.
Mother Nature, the big bad Repo-Man.
You're in for it.
I'm just glad I'm already dead.

Heroes and Villains as far as the EYE can see.
That's right.  I said it.
The tip of the iceberg has been struck ladies and gentlegerms.
They're out there.  Just about ready to post that first post.
Maybe to never be seen again.
But they are out there.  There will be many, MANY more additions to our ranks.  Both good and bad.  And I mean that in two ways.  One; there will be heroes and villains.  Two; some are going to be good at what they do, some are going to be downright awful.  But hey, that comes with the territory.  Humans handle this crap differently.  Some are going to have witty comebacks to all the evil shenanigans and some will only respond with 'Yeah, well, YOU SMELL!'
Oh, prepubescent youth.  Takes me back.
Be prepared for this inevitability.  Either guide them with a firm hand or crush them with an iron fist.  Some may make grand allies, some only fodder for the incinerator (mental note: Have someone check the furnace).
Either way, we're going to see a definite influx of  'new blood'.
Speaking on that.. I want to take a moment to note something.
I've been at this for a while.  Yeah, I haven't been 'active' in the 'community' for very long.. but that doesn't mean I just started this schtick yesterday.  There are bound to be others.  I can't be the only one.  It just doesn't compute, ya know?  I've heard the rantings and the arguments.  But, they are all bunk.  As a so-called 'villain', I'm just going to call bullshit.  Not every villain, or hero, is going to want their exploits publicized.  Anonymity, safety, and just plain smarts come to mind.
In the case of a hero (a TRUE hero, anyways) who wouldn't want his actions dragged before public scrutiny to be picked apart, dissected and prodded; more power to them (how OFTEN do you hear about the EMT who saves your neighbors life?)..  If they know anything about the 'community', it's for good reason.  Both sides of the RLSH/SV have been tearing each other down before DAY ONE.  A 'new guy' would want to steer as clear of that as humanly possible.  And if they aren't costumed.. like a paramedic, it's just your JOB.  At best, you get more hours or a commendation.  Maybe a little tv time from a broadcast station that takes the time to do a piece on your 'heroics'.
And as for villains.. well, regardless of what has been thrown at me, I still don't see someone proclaiming their 'villain-hood', daring folks to stop them, or taking responsibility for dastardly deeds being a smart idea.  Let's touch on that for a moment.
Let's say there's this guy, likes to dress up, claim he robs banks and even names a few he's hit.  It wouldn't take long for the FBI, NSA, CIA, JADL, or any other agency to track him down.
Boom.
No more payroll for the henches and he's probably going to have a few dozen new 'friends'.  The kind that 'don't take kindly' to folks that wear spandex.
Notoriety is a double edged sword.  Sure, people know your name.  But, people KNOW YOUR NAME.  They know it was you who endangered peoples lives.  They know it was you who stole that 'science project'.
They know who to blame and who to punish.
And what?  You think that makes you a better person?  Makes you a 'big man'?  A 'tough guy'?  Chances are, you're regretting your decision already.  By the time they knock on your door (if they knock), there's already a DA with your half-assed deal waiting when you get downtown.
Now, if you're a criminal.. you probably know those who know your actions are liabilities.  They could squeal/snitch/rat you out.  How is that going to go over well?
When they cuff you (and likely, they will), you'll only have yourself to blame.  But hey, shake your fist inside your cell.  The only ones laughing are the other inmates.  And they treat supervillains real nice in prison.
Real nice.
If you like that OMG-my-ass-feels-like-20-taco-nights-and-it's-only-day-3-of-my-10-year-sentence feeling.
And still, you don't see Victor Giovanni, 50 yrs old, head of 'family business', contacting the newspapers to tell them goons he hired successfully knocked over a diamond store.
That's just BAD business.
So, heroes and villains, they are out there.  Some may be known.. some unknown.
Hell, did your 'career' start when you made your first YouTube video?  Your first Blogspot?  Your first MySpace or Twitter?  No, I doubt it.  And you'll probably contradict that position by telling me it was when you were a teenager, right after you stole your first Abba-Zabba.  Mine wasn't when I was pushed/tripped/fell into that vat of industrial solvents either, but who's keeping score?
Oh, right.
You are.
Well, there will be more.. and not just the 'caped' variety if you catch my drift.
Leading to...


Escalation.
Übermas was just the beginning.  You think excess was celebrated?  Ha.  We have it in our hearts, probably on our tables, but even Bill Gates is crying over the slight loss he's going to take in 11'.  The United States administration has been lying to it's populace before Washington set frozen foot in Valley Forge.  And it's the same all over the globe.  I guess I could say it's just humans.. doing what they do best.  Lying.  Manipulating.  Keeping the power for themselves and ensuring a decaying rotten world for the rest of us to inherit.  I could say it and be right.
But not 100%.  So, I need to clarify.
Earth is headed for World War Three.
Shit, its practically happening now.
It's been going on in Africa for almost a decade.
You think North Korea puts a brown spot in your skivvies?  Wait till you see what China has in store..
It is inevitable.  War will happen, as it always does, and soon, right on your doorstep.
If it hasn't already.
But, instead of world 'powers' teaming up, it will be a true World War.
War.. that blankets the world.
From street to street, suburb to suburb, from ranch to skyscraper, from ghetto to industrial center, from orchard to port.. there will be war.
There will be blood.
And I drink YOUR milkshake!  I drink it up!
Sorry.
But, good news, in a way.. Everything will go ape-shit (how's that for primate innuendo, Malvado?)!
Music will get even more horribly bland (like THAT'S possible), food will be exceedingly rich and cholesterol packed.. and it will be nigh impossible to simple NOT buy something without paying for it.  I don't mean stealing.. or actually purchasing it.  I mean paying for it.  Your hours will be cut, your pay will be cut, and the prices will increase.  You'll have to work harder, longer, for less.. and still pay more.
Everything will be increased and exaggerated.
Breaking News!  We're sorry to interrupt your Pre-pre show World Talent It-Factor Idol Preliminary Audition Show to bring you the following!  A kitten was lost three days ago and still hasn't been found!
Television has already been on the road to oblivion since Medium, so at least that won't distract you.
Just the rest of the sheep.  But, that's a good topic.. so let's kind of stick to it...

The Zombie Apocalypse.
Oh yes.  I said it.
Zombies.
Okay, maybe not the 'Uhhhhh!' or 'Brains!' variety, but mindless, shambling hordes.
This kinda ties into WWIII.  Get rid of your god damn idiot box and stop believing the lies.
You can't trust a human.
You can't trust any of them.
Given the chance.. they will eat you.
Seriously!  Get stuck with a few of them.. get to the point of starvation.. suddenly everyone's morals fade and they start eyeballing you like a No. 2 combo at McDonald's.  Survival.  My ass.
Selfishness.
You humans are going to be the downfall of yourself.
Those of you who read this and see the message.. prepare yourself.
We're at war.
Yep, WWIII.
Us v.s. Them.
I'm not going to end up on the menu.


Are you?

--
A special thanks go out to all those who have been paying attention.  I'm moving through this world alongside you all, experiencing the same fears, terror, loves, hatred, excitement, and trepidations that you are.  I admire your perseverance in the face of adversity and encourage you to hold fast to your ideals, no matter how loony you may seem.  You are not only my peers, but my comrades.  I stand (or float) beside you proudly.

Not in any particular order:
Henchman 22, Franklin, Malvado, Unknown464, Lord Malignance, Poop Knife, Crossfire, Overlord, Computer King, John Soares, RevTomFury, White Skull, Vollita, Agent Beryllium, The League of Like Minded Individuals.. and if I forgot anyone and you feel slighted, be sure to harass me in some manner until I relinquish to your demands.  If you have WMDs.  And perhaps hostages.  And 1 billion dollars.
I will respect that.
For in this New Age.. we need you to stand up for yourself.
And I need the money.
And nuclear 'stroke'.
Heh.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post, Agent Wraith. You are really moving up in my estimation. I commanded you to prove your worth to the rest of the villainous community, and by George you've done it.

    Long, pessimistic rants, subtle shout-outs to other villains, mention of my personal favorite McDonalds combo (I just can't resist those tiny onions and the pickles,) and admonitions to live your life in a manner that would make Zetaman try to scrub your very existence from the Internet.

    Also, not a single mention of schadenfreude. Bravo, Agent Wraith; I see big things in your future. Perhaps even a promotion, should you ever decide to join the ranks of the faithful at ROACH.

    Carry on, my wayward Wraith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gratitude for your comment, sir. I appreciate it. We're all busy, something else I see escalating in the coming year. Being busy, that is. I should take more time out of my day to encourage others in their endeavors.
    It's not like we do this for appreciation, but it sure does stoke the coals.. knowing someone out there is at least slightly amused.

    :)

    Hmm. 'Carry on, my wayward Wraith'.. I feel a song coming on. It will be just the thing to treat (torture) the underlings (hostages).

    ReplyDelete